Monday, March 26, 2012

Wayne's World (1992)

Mike Myers. Dana Carvey. A comedic duo worthy of the gods. (If you believe in that sort of thing.) I love this flick, for several reasons, one of which is I grew up watching this movie. On days when I wanted to watch a film where the characters knew about the cameras and would talk to them, I tended to watch this movie.

My favorite moment would have to be when Garth makes a donut man and then proceeds to stab him with a straw or whatever it is he has in his hand. I just love that moment. I have no idea how you would be able to go through this movie without laughing.
If you don't laugh at the scene where they sing Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody", you have no sense of humor. The headbanging, the metal bar, the fight that Dana Carvey as Garth gets into with a guy who is a lot taller and bigger. This movie has so much satire in it that it is impossible to detect the truly serious moments until you have watched this movie once or twice.



I highly recommend watching this film on a day when you just want to be entertained with mindless simplicity. And, of course, if you want to watch Mike Myers and Dana Carvey grovel at Alice Cooper's feet, because let's be honest, who wouldn't grovel at that man's feet? He is a legend amongst men.

Pictures From:
http://www.thelmagazine.com/binary/63cb/0581285_18062_MC_Tx360.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XA53XRCXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://chicagoist.com/attachments/chicagoist_chuck/2012_2_14_wayne_garth.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment